Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gratitude

I joke a lot on this blog that my life isn't glamorous.  And yes, some days, when I'm still unshowered in my PJs at 8pm, noshing on cold pizza and having pitched the same story for so many hours I feel like a used car salesman, it can seem very mundane.

But in reality, I live a charmed life.  At a time when so many of my friends are struggling, I'm even more keenly aware of my blessings: a loving, supportive husband; a great network of friends and fellow dreamers; clients who believe in me and have amazing gifts to share;  as well as health, happiness and a home.

It's far too easy to become complacent, to envy the paths of others.  Today, I'm going to try and be grateful and positive in the present.


3 comments:

  1. At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. wonderful wording by ALBERT SCHWEITZER. Enjoyed your blog. Ihampers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post yesterday, but so glad for it today. Thank you for choosing -- and inspiring me to choose -- gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky.

    I live in a huge villa with a pool, I have an apartment by the beach, I drive a Ferrari and a Porsche and I have a Birkin dangling from my right arm, a Rolex weighing down my left.

    But my parents are divorced. My mom lives in another country. My dad's idea of family time is telling the made to cook rather than us eating takeout. While he plays away with his mistresses. My mom's idea of family time is calling me to bitch about my dad. Whilst sleeping with half of London.

    My closest friend clearly uses me for my connections and is currently dating my brother. She doesn't know he's my brother. He doesn't know about my double life. If he finds out, he'll probably kill me.

    Oh. And now it seems they want to force me into marrying some random guy who will undoubtedly cheat on me, perhaps beat me and will certainly not love me.

    Rant Over.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!

xoxo,
Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin