Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Taking the Plunge




I've always had an identity crisis when it comes to blogging.  This is my fourth blog to date, and while it's the first one to bear my real name, I've realized that I'm still a bit intimidated by the blogosphere.

In person, I think I come across as poised, confident--a leader.  But when it comes to writing, at least publicly and especially when it comes to thought leadership, I am shockingly meek.  I thought because I've established this blog as a personal, confessional space, it wasn't the place to explore more weighty topics--particularly professional ones.  But I'm realizing now it's simply fear.  Because I don't have all the answers, and the questions change daily. 

I've been guilty of the same timidity when it comes to business.  Second-guessing myself.  Undervaluing my work.  Giving things away.  Fearing risk and failure.

No more.  If I'm serious about my dreams--writing, speaking, connecting with amazing people and promoting the heck out of my clients--I need to jump in the deep end, feet first, eyes wide open.  

Or, as some of my wise friends have written in the past few days: Strike while the iron is hotBurn the ships. Fight like hell.

2010 is my year. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Laura, I enjoyed reading it. 2010 will Rock for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura... LOVE this post.

    Bring on 2010!

    I share some of your themes regarding your blogs...and anonymity. Think 2010 will be a big year to step out.

    - Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I have a similar problem when it comes to blogging, even though I'm a trained writer. Running an internet business can be especially tough because clients want to know who you really are, but don't have to reveal themselves to the same extent. In the end, all you can do is be yourself and like yourself and decide that other people will as well, if you put yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!

xoxo,
Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin