Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Summer Lovin'


It's the first day of September, and this little cold front we're having here in Atlanta is sending people into a fall frenzy. Everyone has football, sweaters and soup on the brain. And while I'll admit that running in 70 degree temps is a nice change of pace, can we just pause for a minute and celebrate all things summer?

Beaches, swimming pools, sundresses, cookouts, dining al fresco, corn on the cob, berries from the vine, flip flops, pedicures, longer days, sunshine, sand in your toes, fireflies, summer storms, rainbows, lemonade, ice cream, convertibles, fireworks, outdoor concerts, baseball, white pants---see, don't you want it to last just a little bit longer?

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. I do want it to last longer! But I have to admit, the call of all things snuggly and cozy is really strong. Plus, this is the BEST time of year to put the top down on Lucy on the ride home after a nice cool run on Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is still upon us and can't we enjoy it and the anticipation of Autumn? :-) I want it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! It's still officially summer and I'm squeezing every bit of it out that I can get! (That's why I wore my white linen dress and pink flip flops yesterday!) I love all of the things you mentioned. I'll be okay with fall when it comes (but only because we're here in the south and it's much milder than we had in the north), but there's no rush! (Besides, it's going to be 85 again in a couple of days...this IS Atlanta, afterall.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!

xoxo,
Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin