Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Me? Martha?



In case the squeals of delight have somehow escaped your ears, you know that me and three other local bloggers--Shameeka Ayers, aka "The Broke Socialite," Tami Hardeman of Running with Tweezers (named 2009's best blog by the AJC) and Ashley Leckey of IceMilk Aprons--are headed to New York City tomorrow for Thursday's taping of the Martha Stewart blogger show.

The four of us sat down last night in Shameeka's "studio" to chat about the show for an episode of Gasp. Swoon. Faint.  And it occured to me that I was woefully out of place.

I am so NOT Martha.  I rarely cook.  I have no home decor to speak of.  In fact, I'm kind of a slob.  I don't do crafts.  I can't even sew on a button.  Like any good Southern girl, I do have monogrammed stationary, a full set of china and decent linens, but I can't remember the last time I used any of the above.

But hey, I like pretty things as much as the next girl, and I'm not about to pass up a trip to New York City to see an American icon.  So, as long as I can find something suitable to wear, look for me on Thursday!

It's a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, congratulations Laura! I will be sure to tape it on Thursday.

    Have a great time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you Laura! This is awesome! I hope to be in your shoes someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'd love to hear from you!

xoxo,
Laura

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin